Sad but true! I am now back to work and trying to love every minute of it. As everyone probably knows I have had a loooong vacation. Between the birth of Carsyn and my summer vacation, I have been off since mid March with the exception of 3 weeks of work in May. I have not had time to post but the McArdle family got to experience their first vacation together at the end of July. We along with my mom, Aunt Kerri, Uncle Steve, Selina, Jett, MJ, My granny (just for 1 night) and a friend of MJ's went to the Destin area for the week. We stayed at some place (cant remember name) that Steve was able to get through the military (thanks steve)on the bay. It was so pleasant and quite and they had so much you could do there without having to go to the beach. We played volleyball in the bay, went swimming in their large pool, went to the beach one day, grilled out, went kayaking (Cole did, not me), and tried to catch crabs (Camden's big fasination while we were there) Her and mom would get up early and walk the pier to look for crabs. They did catch a large blue crab one morning and then let it go. Cole, myself, Selina and Steve got to go deep sea fishing. What an experience. I must brag, I did catch the first 2 red snapper (at the same time) amongst our group. After that it was on, the captain, AKA Pappy, put us on a "hot spot" and everyone on the boat had their limit of red snapper in about 15 minutes. We continued fishing and some other people got two little sharks and a tuna. Cole caught a Cobia (I think) with the help of the deckhand getting him hooked and then letting Cole reel him in. Selina caught a trigger fish and some other crazy fish (ruby lip I think). We had a lot of fun. Sorry no picks but they are on Aunt Kerri's camera.
We took Camden to ride the Cho Cho at Destin Commons and then treated her to an Ice Cream. She was so excited about riding the train and did not want to get off. That train ride cost $6.00, so once was plenty. After the ride, we got her an ice cream from Coldstone (yummy), that girl is just like her great-papa, loves that ice cream. She had it everywhere, not to mention it was scorching outside so it was melting fast! Carsyn loved just being outside and looking at everything. She loved the pool and loved to watch Camden and Jett play at the park. She is so layed back and such a great baby. Sorry I don't have a lot of pick of her but my camera was acting funny so Aunt Kerri took plenty for me. I will post them when I get them from her. Well, this is just a highlight of our vacation. There were so many wonderful memories made that we will always remember.
No comments:
Post a Comment