Wednesday, October 15, 2008

STONE MOUNTAIN






A couple of weekends ago we got the pleasure of going to Stone Mountain in Georgia. Cole is so lucky to work with such a wonderful group of people who are family oriented. Every year Northstar takes their employees and family on a "family trip." We have been to Destin, Georgia Aquarium, Braves game, and now Stone Mountain. The trip there was interesting but when you are traveling with a 2 1/2 year old and a 7 month old what is not intersting about that. We arrived there and got ready for supper. We stayed in the hotel in the park and they have a nice restaurant inside, so luckily we did not have to leave the primesis (SP). We got ready and went downstairs to supper which was a seafood buffet. It was not like other buffets, all sloppy and such, it was nice. Well, I take Camden with me and Cole keeps Carsyn at the table. As I am fixing two plates, one for me and one for her, she burps. I know this does not sound like anything uncommon but for Camden it is. I knew right them what was about to happen and of couse, she did not let me down. She threw up every where standing at the buffet. I felt like hollering, "HELP ME SOMEONE!" But no one saw me. How? All these people filling their plates and no one sees the mom with the child throwing up and two plates in her hand starring helplessly. Finally, I motioned someone to help me and someone went and got Cole for me. I took her to the room, which seemed a mile away and gave her some medicine. She looked at me like I was crazy and said, "Mommy, I ok. I go eat now." So, off we went. She was fine. She has a history of getting carsick and I guess it had just hit her at that moment and time. How lucky was I! So, Saturday morning we got up and went to the park. Camden amd Mary Suzan go to walk through the pumkin patch and look at the different painted pumkins throughout. We also got to go on a 5 mile train ride and we got to go the laser show that night. We had a great time but it was great to be home in our own beds. I have figured out recently that vacation can be tiring. Oh yeah, Cole was starving Sunday morning so we stopped at IHOP on the way home, lets just say we were outnumbered if you know what I mean.

No comments: