I remember when Alabama won the Sugar Bowl and my mom said she was going to drive around town with a 50 lb. bag of sugar strapped to the top of the truck (thank goodness she really didnt).
I remember spending the weekends at my Dad's and if Alabama started playing bad we all had to go back to where we were sitting and we could not get up and move around, it was very intense. We even had certain shirts we wore and certain places we sat during the game!
I remember my first Alabama and Auburn game, Cole gave me tickets while we were still in high school. I also remember being involved in my first car wreck ever! We were leaving an Alabama game in Birmingham and Clay was making fun of some people that were stuck in traffic and while looking away, we smacked the vehicle in front of us. Let's just say, Clay did not get any "cool points" that day.
I remember the day I got accepted to The University of Alabama. I didn't apply to any other schools so it wasn't much of a surprise, I just thought it was always understood that I was going to the U of A.
I remember the first time I moved to Tuscaloosa and I most definitely remember crying like a baby when my mom pulled away. I can see it like it was yesterday. I think I cried everyime she left, she never saw me though. The only person I knew there was Cole.
I remember getting to the games HOURS!!!!!! before kick-off just to get a seat in the student section and then never sitting down during the whole game! My manager the whole 3 years I worked there was my Granny's best friend from high school, how crazy! Cotton and Minnie took me in like family and I soon became their "adopted granddaughter."
I remember getting trampled by people when Big Al was being lifted through the student section. I decided to duck since I could not lift him by myself, looking back that might not have been the best idea.
I remember people visiting every weekend during football season!!! My aunt and uncle soon became season ticket holders and their company was always the best.
I remember working at Bama Fever in the Tuscaloosa Mall and I will never forget working Game Days!! It was crazy.
I remember the day I graduated from the university, May 10, 2004! My family game to celebrate and we had a weekend full of fun. Selina and Tyler got lost on the way and were headed towards Atlanta and did not realize it until they saw the sign that said "time change."
I remember Mom and I making three trips to bring all of my belongings home and then packing them all in her dining room until we figured out what to do with it all.
Times have changed and so has the size of our family but the tradition lives on. My aunt and uncle now have increased their season tickets to 6 and we now have the opportunity to go to games almost as often as we would like. Recently, we got to go to the Penn State and Alabama game with my Aunt Kerri, Jett, my brother Justin and his girlfriend Kaci. We had soo much fun and had several "funny moments" that we call memories. The girls have not been to a game yet and we hope to take them soon when we think they will enjoy it. I took some pictures and I cant wait to go back! Roll Tide
1 comment:
Even though we have different alma maters I still think this was an incredibly sweet post. I can relate to it all - I have many of those same type of memories from college, especially not being able to change seats while your team was doing good! We had an uncle that had to stay outside for the whole 2nd half of a game because we made a comeback while he was out there - funny! All so much fun!
Post a Comment