I know this post is kind of late but better late than never. A lot has happened since the NPF so I feel as though I have an excuse : ) Every year since I can remember I have always been excited about the National Peanut Festival. I remember growing up as a child and my parents would save their change all year long and we would roll it up the week before and cash it in and that was the money we would use at the fair. We only went one night and we always ended the night with a sweet, warm, extra large cinnamon roll, yummo! Although I must confess, the Fair just doesnt seem the same through the eyes of an adult. Now that I am grown up and I have two children of my own, the fair just doesnt seem the same. I dont know if it the age thing or if it really has changed. I used to think the Midway went on for miles and miles, now it seems like we just get started and its over. There are small things that I enjoy as a parent like all the kiddie rides grouped together away from the craziness! A new tradition that we started last year was taking the girls to the Greasy Pig and Calf Scramble. They throughly enjoy it and I love hearing Cole tell about the time he caught a pig and they named him "Slick." The girls had a fun time and got to ride several rides. Camden got to ride the BIG FERRIS WHEEL with Uncle Clay, Cousin Olivia (who was very persistant), Mark, and Mary Suzan. Carsyn loved everything- the rides, the games, and the food. She thought all the prizes where hers and she was scared of anything. My parents got to join us at the fair, which was a treat since I cant remember the last time my Dad went to the fair. Here are a few pics of the fun we had the National Peanut Festival 2009!
No comments:
Post a Comment