I love the Christmas Season! Decorating, shopping, watching the smiles on the faces of girls when they see the lights and all the decorations, receiving christmas cards in the mail but most of all, celebrating Jesus and remembering the reason for this great season. We put out our christmas decorations several weeks ago and Camden and Carsyn love to plug them up every night and every morning Camden checks to see if the snowman fell over! We have a family tradition that I have been doing since I can remember and of course we have continued it with our family, each year we go to a tree farm and cut down a fresh christmas tree. I have had many thoughts of just buying a prelit tree and being done with it but I keep having flashbacks of the time my mom did that to us and how diappointed we were as kids.
Of course Camden wants "everything" she sees and when I asked her what she wanted Santa to bring her for Christmas she told me, "a doll house, an Alabama shirt for her and her sissy, and something dora." This is a lot easier compared to last year, a WATERGUN! You could not find one anywhere, even the beach! Finally had a friend save me when she came across one when shopping. Sissy of course wants babies! That girls loves a babydoll. It is amazing how one child could care less about a baby and then the other one only wants babies! I love their totally different personalities, it is what keeps me laughing when I want to scream.
Camden had her first big girl school Christmas party and she had lots to tell me about. My mom got to go to her party and help celebrate. They exchanged books and she was sooo excited to get to read her new book. Cam is also in the JAM Childrens Choir at chuch and they had a precious Christmas muscial that they got to sing in. What joy to watch a bunch of children sing about Jesus and celebrate his birthday with such innocense.
We also have started another tradition on the King side of the Family that is now going on its 3rd year (I think). All of the cousins on Coles side of the family get together with their children celebrate Christmas early. We all meet at Granny Kings house and let them play, eat, and open gifts. This is sometimes the only time they are all together unless its a birthday party throughout the year. It is always a lot of fun to cram 8 children five and under along with 9 adults and a granny all in the same house. MEMORIES!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment