Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Quite as a dolphin . . .

Well, that is what Mrs. Lady tells the children to do when they are learning how to dive into the pool and I'm not quite sure we have mastered the "quite" part but we sure have learned a lot of other cool stuff. This is Cam's 2nd year taking swimming lessons from Mrs. Lady and Carsyn's 1st year. I could not be a happier mommy. I mean, I was kind of skeptical last year at how much you could really teach a 3 old about swimming but after an hour a day for 8 days, we had a little swimmer and this year we expected nothing less. Camden learned how to tread water, catch butterflies (swim on top of water), dive (aka belly flop), float on her back, and swim to the bottom to pick up toys. Carsyn learned some basics and she thinks she can swim like her sister. She loves to play ring around the rosies in the pool. We have to be on our toes at all times when she is near the water. She is getting better and better each time and it makes me happy that she loves the water. She loves to run and jump in the pool and swim to you. Camden is doing really well and loves to jump in and swim across the width of the pool or when she is feeling brave she tries to swim the length of the pool and she does a pretty good job stopping to come up for air and then continuing. I can definitely say swimming lessons have been well worth it for these two little fishies and nothing like getting to swim with your friends for two weeks. Although, it was kind of hard getting the girls used to not wearing their swimsuits everyday. Actually, I don't think they are used to it because they wore them around the house yesterday. Oh well.

No comments: