Friday, December 31, 2010

Merry CHRISTmas Everyone

Where has the time gone? I am not so sure that planning a trip to Disney the week of Christmas was a such a great idea but I must say I enjoyed every minute and I would not trade the experience for anything!
Christmas in our family has always been about tradition.
Every year since I can remember we have always had a LIVE Christmas tree. My mom would take us to the Back Home Christmas Tree farm close to Cottonwood and we would walk and walk and walk looking for the perfect tree. I will never forget how mom tried to pull one over on us one year with a FAKE tree.  Needless to say, it never happened again and even though i threaten every year to purchase a prelit tree, I always think back to that year and how disappointed we were that mom bought a FAKE tree. I also think about how much fun we had searching for the perfect tree and I want my girls to have the same experience and memories.
We always gather at my Granny and Papa's on Christmas Eve and enjoy family, food, and presents of course. Over the years, as the families have grown, we have decided to only purchase gifts for the "little ones" or the ones who still live at home (I guess that's what you call it). Sometimes I wish Granny would slip me a gas card instead of a beautiful snow globe ornament : )

This year we mixed things up a little bit by not going to Mimi's house until Christmas Day. Due to Clay and Michelle having to travel, we decided to wait until Christmas Day for everyone to gather and celebrate Christmas.  So, after leaving my grandparents, we tried to find Santa and the Rudolph flying through the sky. We kept seeing red flashing lights but we never actually saw Santa Claus. So when we got home, we left him some marshmallows, cheezits, and animal crackers for a snack and Camden wrote him a precious note and left it on the door for him to read. It took them hours to finally go to sleep and in the middle of the night Camden came and got in the bed with us and she said, "Mommy, Santa came and he brought me a bike, It is pink and it is big! I don't know if I can ride it or not but I will try." Then not to far behind her was her sister and she said, nothing. LOL When they woke up that morning Cam had to tell Carsyn all about the bicycles while we were laying in the bed and Carsyn's response was, "I know Cam, I seed them last night." Mom and Dad came over and watched the girls open their gifts. They were so excited and we had to open everything out of every box before they would even begin to play.
After opening presents, we went to my parents to eat lunch and open presents with my brothers. Lunch was scrumptious as always and so was the nap! After many hours of waiting for my brother to get off work, it was finally time for the girls to open those presents they have been shaking for weeks.


After opening gifts it was finally time to go to Mimi's and see alllll the cousins (minus Addie and Kate and Sweet Karas who bumped her head on the fireplace). When this bunch gets together there is bound to be some laughs, tears, tugging and pulling, refereeing, parent "talks" and most importantly, memories made. When you have 10 children ages 5 and under, what do you expect!!


Christmas once again was wonderful and we are truly lucky to have such wonderful and amazing people in our lives. We our blessed to have a saviour who died for us and forgives us of our sins.
Happy Birthday, Jesus.

No comments: