Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thankful for our Health!!!!!

So last week I thought I would be this great mommy blogger and tell everyone each day what I was thankful for.  Well, it only lasted one day!!! Please do not think that I am only thankful for my precious daughter Camden. I am thankful for many things in life: my God, my husband and precious daughters, my family, my job (most of the time), my friends, my freedom and I could go on and on and on but I won't.  After what my family has experienced over the past few days, I AM MOST THANKFUL FOR OUR HEALTH.  We are not typically sickly people. The girls have not been to the doctor since their well check ups in April and the only time I have ever visited the ER is when I was passing through to get to the labor and delivery floor. WE DON'T DO DOCTORS! I am thankful that we are blessed with such good health and that we do not have Dothan Paediatrics on speed dial. 
Let me just take you down memory lane:
Monday was great! We welcomed the arrival of my new niece, Baby Tinsley Claire.

Tuesday was great! Cole and I got to eat lunch with our Little Indian at school.


Wednesday was great! I finished a ton of school work and should be graduating with my Master's in a few weeks.
Thursday was Turkey Day! So much wonderful food that it stressed me out!!! I couldn't decide if I wanted turkey or ham, chicken and rice or chicken and dumplings, chocolate cheesecake or banana pudding!!!! UGUGGHHHHHHHHH It was hard.
Looked over the sales papers and decided that I was going to Old Navy alone to get some jeans for my husband because I ruined all of his pants in the wash!!! That's another story for another day.

Friday was Black Friday and the Iron Bowl. I didn't make it for the 12 o'clock opening of Old Navy but I did make it and Cole has several pairs of new pants. Then it was time for the Iron Bowl. I mean, I am an Alabama FAN and I do not have a problem with Cam Newton. I do not like how everyone has made him out to be the only member of the orange and blue team but whatever. I think he has some mad football skills and I give him credit for his abilities. But I cant stand how SOME orange and blue fans act like they know him personally. He is just a person playing a game that he enjoys and is talented at, he does not owe anybody anything and he is not making anyone sitting at home any money!!!!! It doesn't have to be that serious people!! Anyways, the Iron Bowl came and went and we somehow managed to blow a 24 point lead. Oh well, life goes on.

Back to my post: Friday night Carsyn completely drenched me in a lovely bath of throw up which was followed by her sister and then followed by me and then Cole. In a matter of hours, the stomach virus had taken over Jett, Aunt Kerri, Mom, Me, Cole, Camden, and Carsyn. When I say taken over, I MEAN TAKEN OVER!! It was out of control. Cole said that I was a little DRAMATIC but I kept telling him it was BAD, VERY BAD. I remember crying because the shirt he pulled out of the drawer was not the one that I wanted. LOL
Saturday the girls recovered quickly but the adults were still struggling. We did nothing but sleep and when we were not sleeping, I was laying on the ground and not by choice. Finally had to break down and call Granny and Papa to come and rescue me. They took me to the ER and got me hydrated so I would survive. Oh yeah, Papa sat out in the ER waiting area and observed everyone who came through and asked them why they were there. SORRY to all you peeps who where at the ER last Saturday night, he doesn't get out much.
Sunday:A day of rest and recovery. I literally think I was awake for a total of seven hours the whole day.
Monday: WORK
Tuesday: Carsyn wakes up barely able to talk and she sounds like a squeaky mouse trying to cry. I called the phone nurse and after answering 436 questions she calmly tells me we need to report to the ER quickly! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Luckily it was only the croup and she is going to be fine.

If you weren't tired when you started reading this, you probably are now. We do not get sick but when we do, WE LIKE TO GO ALLLLLL OUT!!
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving season and I can most definitely say that this year I am thankful for our HEALTH.

No comments: