Camden is on spring break this week (I AM SOOOOO SAD THAT I AM NOT ON SB) and luckily her and her sister got to stop by my classroom this afternoon for the first time. The last time they came to my classroom they were babies and they totally destroyed my room!!! But this time, it was much different.
Carsyn loved looking at all the books. . .
and Camden loved writing on the board.
Well, the both loved writing on the board.
Camden practice her long vowels (please notice the line over the lower case a) and
writing her name.
Carsyn, well, she just practiced!!!!
Camden will soon be finished with K4 and she will be entering the doors of Ashford Elementary School. I will admit, I am scared. I have already had one crazy dream about her first day and I am sure there will be many more to come. Being a teacher, I am exposed to a lot of things that go in in the school. Cole on the other hand, has no clue. We have discussed what school to send Camden to and it has ended quickly because it was about to lead into a heated discussion/argument. Part of me wants to leave her where she is at (Emmanuel Christian) and another part of me wants her to go to AES. I cannot believe that my baby is starting kindergarten but I hope she enjoys every moment of it. I know she will be fine, she has proved that to me many times. Whenever I worry, it always works out so I am trusted in GOD for it to all work out. It is a lot different when it is your "baby" starting school. I got a call from her K4 teacher last week to discuss her progress this year and overall she is doing very well. There were a few things that she needed to work: ability to sit still, improve handwriting and stop competing with the boy sitting across from her to finish 1st, and to stop being so silly when she is reading (she knows the word is ball but she shouts out Bill and laughs). Overall. I am pleased! She is only four, about to turn five. She is one of the youngest in her class and her teacher said she is very encouraged by Camden's progress and that she feels confident that she will do well wherever we decide to send her. I did ask her one question, (being a teacher I needed to know) how is her behavior in the classroom? I do not want her being one of those children that all the teachers dread seeing on their classroom list! Her answer was positive. She is a sweet young girl, loves to laugh, talk, and is very squirmy (gets that from her dad). She likes giving hugs and she is going to do fine. You have nothing to worry about. I SURE HOPE SHE IS RIGHT.
4 comments:
xathexuI can't wait to see the birthday girl Friday!
It's hard to believe that Cam is starting Kindergarten. Wasn't I taking her and Liv all over Dothan in her baby carrier just the other day??
sorry for those craxy letters at the top!!!
She will be fine!! It's amazing how fast they grow up the first few weeks of kindergarten! Her name looks wonderful!!! I wish mine would start writing their name like that. Her teacher will love her (Wish it was me!).
Oh, I have had fun reading over your blog. The girls are so cute I really could eat them with a spoon:)
Post a Comment