Thursday, June 16, 2011

Arts and Crabs

It's not often that we get to participate in Mom and Kids (group of mom's and their children) from our church, but during the summer we try to participate as much as we can. Getting out of the house is a big deal these days because it is so HOT!!! Usually by the middle of the week, the girls are ready to get out and see a new face or two and so am I. I had been talking up the whole Mom and Kids event so that the girls would be excited. I explained to them that we were going to be doing arts and crafts for Daddy so that we could make him a surprise for Father's Day. The girls were excited, so when Wednesday came, off we went. We got to church and made Daddy a lovely blue construction paper shirt, with buttons, name tag, a hand print, and a nice little poem inside. We also made him a magnet to hang on the fidge. After we finished and it was time to leave Carsyn and I had this conversation:


Me: Alright girls, let's get ready to go.

Carsyn: But we didn't make our arts and crabs.

Me: Yes, we did. We made Daddy a shirt and a magnet.

Carsyn: But we didn't see them crawl.

Me: Didn't see what crawl?

Carsyn: The Arts and Crabs!!!!!

God Love her! All I could do was laugh. She didn't quite understand why I was laughing but it was a priceless moment.

No comments: