This day has been in the makings for a while. Cam has wiggled every tooth in her mouth and even had us convinced that they were lose at some point over the past year. She even asked me one day if she had already lost a tooth and I had to assure her that what she thought was a missing tooth was just her GAP!
We would always check the tooth just to get her to hush and assured her that she would have a lose tooth soon. I never thought that when the actual day came that I would feel faint and teary eyed all at the same time. When she told me her tooth was lose, I stuck my finger in her mouth ready to assure her that “it was almost lose” and to my surprise, that little baby tooth wiggled. I almost fell apart, right there in the parking lot of Sweet and Sassy. I don’t have the best history with tooth pulling. I have passed out before when I my own tooth was pulled and that feeling rushed over me when I felt the slight wiggle of the tooth. She was so excited and I was trying to be excited without crying. We got home that night and she constantly had her hands in her mouth trying to wiggle that tooth out.
She couldn’t eat, sleep, drink, or bathe because it might hurt the tooth or her. DRAMA MAMA!!! She decided to wait and let her teacher, AKA The Tooth Puller, pull it out at school because she pulls everyone else’s out. I waited as long as I could the next day before I text her teacher to see if we still had all of our teeth. To my surprise, she did. Mrs. Etheredge told her to keep wiggling it and it would surely be ready by the next day. That night, Camden told us she was ready for it to come out because it was bothering her. I was surprised and scared at the same time. Cole tried a couple of times and then I tried.
I got it almost there and had to stop.
Cole finished up the job while I was kneeling in the floor. I would like to say I was “Tebowing” it!! It was a little embarrassing yet, so predictable of me. At one point, Cole looked down and said, “I really don’t know who to help at this point.” I assured him I was going to be okay, just help the little snaggle tooth. Cam left the tooth in her little jewelry box for the tooth fairy and she was so excited when she woke up and discovered that the fairy had left a trail of fairy dust all the way down the hall and into the bathroom where she left her tooth. Five dollars later and one less tooth, we have one happy little girl. My baby is growing up and I’m not sure I am ready.
No comments:
Post a Comment