I'm going to be straight forward about this . . . . I prefer the beach any day over the lake. I am a family girl and it almost killed me to live away from my family for four years while I was in Tuscaloosa and I knew I never wanted to live "away" once I returned home. Now that I have gotten older, I have decided that I could live at the beach and be OK with it. I am blessed to have married a man that had a smart mama and purchased a place many years ago at the beach that we are now able to enjoy. With that being said, she also has a place at the lake that I "try" to enjoy. As a child, I grew up on the river. Our weekends included packing up and spending all day on the river skiing, jet skiing, knee boarding, grilling, etc. I even drove the boat pulling my brothers knee boarding. Looking back, MY MOMMA WAS CRAZY!!!! I cannot believe she let us play in that river. I often ask her about it and she just laughs. I guess she doesn't know why either.
Back to the lake part. . . the girls and I decided to pack up and travel to the lake to visit everyone. Cole had to work so it was just the three of us. Once we got there, the girls were so excited to see Olivia, Jackson, and Chase. We headed out on the boat to let the kids ride the tube. After a couple of spins on the lake, the boat QUIT! Did I mentioned it was 1,000 degrees that day with no clouds so the whole boat not working was not good. Kids were whining because they didn't get a turn, I was whining because it was HOT and I didn't want to get in the water, and my girls were whining because they didn't want their feet to touch the bottom of the lake. I was a HOT MESS!!!! The night ended a lot better than the day. We took the kids back and fed them and they got to play games and go riding on the golf cart. They girls were also super excited that cousin Olivia got to come home with them and spend the night. In the end, my love for the lake is still neutral but I did enjoy visiting with family and letting the kids play.
PS: The beach is my happy place : )





1 comment:
Oh my stars.... What a day!! We miss ya'll and hope you come visit soon. Maybe Popa Joe can take us on the boat and we won't break down!!
Love the pics too
PS> I'm jealous that we haven't gone to the beach this year:( It's my favorite as well!!
Post a Comment