Friday, August 14, 2009

Cam started K3






Cam's desk


SISSY




CAMDENS 1ST DAY!


This week was a big week for Camden. She started Pre School K3 at Emmanuel Christian School. We have been very fortunate to have had some wonderful people keep our children. My sister-in law kept Camden for the first year and then she started staying with a lady named Ta-Ta (Tonia). She has done so much for Camden that words cannot even express how pleased we have been. She has taught her to count, her ABC's, sing beau-T-ful music, say the Pledge of Allegiance, the Blessing, I could go on and on and on. It was a hard decision to make and one that I had not thought much about until the end of the summer. Some of the kids her age- Hannah Grace who was diagnosed with cancer a while back, started Pre School at Ashford Academy this year and Jett (her Cousin) is going to be going to a program at Ashford in a few weeks, so that left Camden to be the only 3 year old there. She had become quite restless over the summer and was beginning to become quite the BOSS at home and at daycare (i'm sure)! So, after a brief discussion we decided to enroll her in ECS. Cole, myself and sissy took her on Tuesday to her classroom. She was a little hesitant but made me very proud. She didn't shed a tear and neither did I (I did almost throw up on the way there). She went in and met her teacher, Mrs. Debbie, sat in her chair and started looking at her book "The Lady and the Tramp." When I picked her up, she told me she "did lots" and that was about it. She has not shared much info but that's ok. She has not screamed and hollered yet so hopefully all is well. Sissy was not sure about Cam going to Big Girl School since we don't all ride together anymore but maybe she will get used to it. She does well at daycare by herself which makes me happy.


Conversation I had with Cam on Sunday night asking her what she thought about starting "Big Girl School"

Me: "Cam, what do you think about going to big girl school?"
Cam: "Yeah Mommy"
Me: "OK, but Daddy will have to take you because it is on his way."
Cam to Daddy: "Daddy, I am going to big girl school but you can't take me because you don't know the way!"

No comments: