Cole asked me about a month ago if I thought I could take off the Friday of our anniversary weekend and of course I jumped right on the idea. The end of the school year is always CRAZY and I was sure I would be ready for a break. He told me we were going to spend the weekend at the beach, JUST US!!! I thought about it often, how great it would be to actually go to the beach and sit in the sand and not have to get up and down, up and down, upppp and doooowwwwnnnnnnnn. I might actually get a nice even tan and maybe even take a little nap on the beach. Oh, I was sooo excited. As I was packing my stuff for the beach I was trying not to over pack I kept reminding myself to only pack the necessities. I mean it was just going to be us, we might get away with just ONE bag for the trip. As I am packing he keeps telling me to pack something nice to wear to dinner that he was going to take me somewhere NICE. Now, to me, my new purple, cotton, long, flowy, strapless, comfy dress was dressy enough for the beach with the right accessories. I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THE HINT. When we got ready to leave Friday morning, we were not headed in the beach direction. It took me about 10 seconds to realize we were going the wrong way. Of course, I asked "where we were going" and of course he said "you will see." I do not like not knowing what is going on. After a few text to my friends, them searching the web, and some lucky guesses . . . . . . . we were headed 5 hours away to Savannah, Ga. Now, I was happy/excited but sad/disappointed at the same time. I love the beach and now all my happy thoughts of getting to lie on the beach, soaking up the rays in the peace and quiet were all a gone. And not to mention, 5 hours verses and hour and half to the beach was not what I was prepared for. I quickly got out of beach mode and got into Savannah mode and I am glad I did. Cole had so many fun things planned and I could not believe that he actually did all of this on his own.
Cole found a wonderful bed and breakfast for us to stay at during our visit. The Jenkins house was a two-bedroom historic townhouse, built during the 1870's. Their attention to detail and the decor was amazing. Not to mention, the fresh fruit and array of breakfast goodies was not so bad either.
After we toured the home and unpacked, we took a walk to one of the many parks, Forsyth Park. The weather was great for a weekend of site seeing. We enjoyed sitting on the park benches and listening to random people play music in the park.
The first night in Savannah, Cole had dinner reservations for us at Ruth's Chris. The dinner was devine and we could hardly walk when we left.
Saturday morning, after enjoying our lovely breakfast, we decided to go site seeing. All I can say is, BEAUTIFUL. I love all of the architectural detail and "oldness" of everything. I would love to be able to live in any of those houses that we saw along our way that morning.
After touring the historical town, it was now time for an hour long massage!!!! Another one of his surprises. I must admit, I did no clue what to expect. I was a spa massage virgin until May 14, 2011. At first I was a little scared, escpecially when she told me she was going to leave and I could go ahead and do "whatever" (have not clue what she said). I had to admit to her that I was new at all of this and had not clue what I was suppose to do when she left the room for me to "do whatever I was supposed to do before she returned." After all the confusion on my part of what to remove and what not to remove, it was time for the massage. The lady definately knew what she was doing and it definately hurt the next day!
Real is an amazing story that makes my heart smile when I think of heaven and what it is going to be like when I meet my maker. Oh, what a wonderful day it is going to be.

Back to my trip: Saturday night we enjoyed a River Boat Ride. I didnt really know what to expect but it turned out to be a lot of fun. The boat had three levels and we were on the top level. As we were pulling out to begin our boat ride, the DJ started playing Rolling, Rolling, Rolling on a River!!!!! The people started dancing, young and old, and we started laughing!
Sunday was our last day in Savannah and we were ready to get home to see our girls!!! Vacations are nice and always come at the right time, but children are a blessing from GOD and we definately missed ours. A lot has happened in 6 years!!! We have two beautiful, healthy daughters who are our world. I had a major career move and went back to school and got my master's in School Counseling. Cole is currently back in school working on a degree. My Mom and Dad remarried after being divorced for many, many years! I do not know the exact amount of years but over 20 I know. God is Good!








3 comments:
How fun! I am proud of Cole. He did a great job! We will celebrate 14 years on Tuesday, May 24th....and for the third year in a row...we are going out of town with kids in tow:) Turner will be 6 on the 28th so we make it a double celebration, I guess. What a wonderful anniversary for you guys...glad you shared it with us.
Happy Anniversary!! Cole did an outstanding job as this was an excellent post!! Savannah is overwhelming with history. Congratulations!!!!!!
i just love this post!!! your pictures are great and sounds like you two lovebirds had a fabulous time. it is so wonderful to get away like that. what a romantic destination....prompts to the mister!! zoom zoom....vroom vroom!!!!!!!!!!! bonnie
Post a Comment