Sunday, September 4, 2011

Catch Up Time

Summer is over and not much got accomplished around here. School is already back in full swing and I now officially have two little school girls. Cam started kindergarten and I could not be prouder. She is loving every minute of it  The only tears she shed seem to come around 4 pm and you would think she had been saving them all day just for me!!! We have had several melt downs but I think it simply comes from being so tired. She is excited about having homework and wants to finish all of her nightly assignments on the first night. I hope she keeps that attitude when she gets older.


Cam and Mary Suzan
 She loves her teacher and her teacher loves her which always makes a mama happy!!! She was so worried about the little gingerbread man that kept getting away the first week of school and they toured the whole school all week looking for him and at the end of the week they finally found him!! It was fun listening to her tell me about the crumbs he kept leaving in different places. She loves Fridays because she gets to buy a spirit ribbon and tattoo to help support the Yellow Jackets. She begged her Daddy to take her to the first football game and he did and she loved it. 


Cam's classroom is in a trailer and this was her response after her first day of school:
Mama, have you ever learned in a trailer?"
Me: No.
"Have you ever taught in a trailer?"
Me: No.
"Well, my class is in a trailer. Its small, but I love it."

Carsyn starts Preschool
Carsyn started preschool last week. She did not understand why she didn't start the same day as Cam and believe me, it came with many tears!
For eight days we had to explain to her that it was not quiet time for her to start and everyday she had questions and wanted to know why. Finally, it was her turn and she could not have been more excited. Carsyn LOVES her teacher Mrs. Lindsey and I knew she would since she is her best friends mama. Carsyn and Baby KeyKey met at Tata's last year and they pretty much ran the roost!!! I was not worried about Carsyn starting school but more worried about what phone calls I was going to receive throughout the day about what she had done or said! Carsyn is a lot like me, according to her Daddy, "exactly like me." She gets it honest I guess. She says things that make you laugh and things that make you think at the same time. She most definitely keeps us on our toes. She is very out spoken and says whatever she is thinking. She only goes 4 days a week so every Friday I have to make sure I buy her a spirit ribbon and tattoo so she can wear it when I get home.


Now that we are all back on a routine, hopefully we will get more accomplished each day. The summer break is great and we don't seem to have a hard time finding all sorts of things to keep us busy but we don't seem to get much done on our to do list either. We are blessed to have friends who have SAH Mommy's and school teachers for mommy's so we have lots to do to keep us occupied. I even got to sneak away to the beach with just the girls!!!

 FUN TIMES  and GREAT MEMORIES
Can't wait til we get to do it again.
 For now, we will learn how to read and write and add polka dots to our name.

No comments: